Jang Geun Suk - Let Me Cry


And before Chun Jung Myung, there was Jang Geun Suk.....well, at least for me (grins).


But like any idol that managed to drill through my wall of devotedness, they never truly leave. And if Jung Myung needs 10 pages and more for me to gush him over, than dear Sukkie (that's what we Eels call him, y'know (smiles)) deserves at least 20 of my amateur writing skills.


This multi talented boy of an artiste has carved quite a resume for his 24 year old life, so far.


First and foremost an actor, Sukkie is also an accomplished singer, DJ and model. His dancing is passable and need more work, methinks :) (despite whatever the other Eels would have to say about his 'techtronic' dance). 


I wouldn't want to bore you with an extremely long chatter tonight, so I'll just do a short one on his musical career thus far.


Sukkie with his ANJells
Throughout the years, despite being known as serious young actor and choosing diverse roles to showcase his talents, Sukkie has also been known to show strong preference in roles that enables him to sing, either for the movies' or dramas' soundtrack or as a character. I mean, he has to put that God-given gorgeous voice of his to some good use, right?

Sulky yet Sweet Sukkie 
Starting with The Happy Life, Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do and Beethoven's Virus, Sukkie continued to choose similar characters in the cultish You're Beautiful and Mary Stayed Out All Night.


Who can forget him as Mu Gyul of Mary Stayed Out All Night (MSOAN). In fact, Kang Mu Gyul is the character that introduced him to me. Firstly mistaking him for Kim Hyung Joong, when I realised that he was not, from his more manly face and definitely better acting, I thought - 'Thank God! Finally a pretty boy who can actually act!'

Take Care, My Bus (Mary Stayed Out All Night OST)
credit : kpoplena

And if you can say MSOAN is what introduced him to my first line of defence, then 'You're Beautiful' pushed Sukkie right past it and cemented him in my heart (probably) forever (smiles). To the rest of the world, 'You're Beautiful' is what, possibly, turned Sukkie from an actor into a 'seriously hawt' idol. Tracks like 'I Will Promise You', 'Still/As Ever' and 'What Do I Do' are probably some of the songs that caused some Eels to create a dent on their PC reset button.

You're Beautiful OST
credit : soompi & paperboat04


Sukkie has also lent his voice to charitable causes, namely the 'Dreams, Giving Them Wings' and 'The Wee Band - We Can Make It' for a fundraising initiative and the promotion of education by the Ministry of Education, Science & Technology in South Korea respectively. (credit : Soompi)

Dreams, Giving Them Wings
credit : DJ & taiwancriju

Of course being a popular figure for well known brands, he sings for the product advertisements too - 'Black Engine' for Black N Jean, 'Touch Holic' and 'Just Drag' for Samsung's YEPP line to name a few.


Then, at long last, on 27 April 2011, Sukkie released his first single - Let Me Cry - which topped the Oricon Charts on its first week of release. Having cited that he was much influenced by the Japanese pop and rock artistes like Ken Hirai and L'arc En Ciel while growing up, you can actually see a touch of Hyde (of LEC) in his style and song choice; and maybe of a little of  Death Note in his video. Not to mention that he chose to cut his first ever single in Japanese and not Korean. Oh, and did I mention that he speaks fluent Japanese, a smattering of Mandarin and is vastly vastly improving on his English....sigh.....  

Let Me Cry
credit : keunsukchina.com


Ok, that's it (for now)...did I say my post will be short...sorry, I lied :p... short and Sukkie just does not rhyme for me (grins).


So, till next time, folks, enjoy the linked videos....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...