Park Hyo Shin - Gift



Just when he came into my radar, Park Hyo Shin had to go and join the army! Why...?? Do I smell while youtubing, or something?


He's in the army now :(
So, as I was desperately googling for all his other works, I realised that I have always had his 'Snow Flower' theme song in my trusted iPod, but didn't really pay much attention to it. I only came to acknowledged his God given vocal greatness when I heard Gift (as part of the opening song of his 2007 album Gift Part 1).


I have to thank Dramabeans for that. They featured the song during one of their recaps of Sungkyunkwan Scandal. I don't believe the song is part of the drama's OST, but I'm not complaining (though I believe Beans taken it off their song list).

Anyways, I'm not here to recap Hyo Shin's musical career (you can find that on Wiki) but rather to just share some of my favourite songs or performances of his.

As I've mentioned, Gift is what 'killed it' for me :)

Park Hyo Shin - Gift


Hyo Shin may not be your average pretty k-pop boy (which probably prompted the poor guy to go under the knife so many times), but hey, the man can definitely sing, ok! With his deep and husky voice, it is no wonder that he's known as the Voice of Korea.


Heck, he even do covers better than the real thing (no, no don’t shoot me o-Taeyang’s-forceful-fans).

Park Hyo Shin, Jung Yeup, Gummy & Wheesung’s
cover of Taeyang’s (Big Bang) Only Look at Me at Hana's Peppermint

In fact, Hyo Shin is known to sing just as good live as compared to his recordings, if not better.

  Another favourite - Castle of Zoltar with the Hwang Project.
Personally I prefer his faster numbers (which was why Gift perked me up but not Snow Flower) but his single, After Love, which was conveyed in a two part music video is good too. The video also starred the late Park Yong Ha and actress Park Si Yeon, latest seen in the drama Coffee House.


After Love Part 1

After Love Part 2
There are some other nice songs by Hyo Shin ssi, with notable ones like Deja Vu, Iljime's Hwashin, Athena's I Love You and Scattered Days.


So, these are some of the songs I have to contend with till he comes out of National Service. Sigh...Dec 2012 seems like so far away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...